Saturday, July 19, 2014

You win some, you lose some

Welp.  The world cup has ended, and unfortunately Brazil sort of crashed and burned towards the end.  But hey, you can't win them all.  And besides, all the Paulistas are saying that it was paid off anyways. hahaha.  I got a call from my zone leaders during the game versus Germany, and was ordered to wait inside for two hours before walking home.  My height, pastyness, and blue eyes are German features I just couldn't hide from the angry mobs of people on the street.  Fortunately, I didn't get murdered and everything has gone back to normal now!!  

I've been going through a lot of highs and lows.  Some days are grand and others, dissapointing.  But that is the mission life, and I will just keep on going!

The members in Campo Limpo are working together with us, and yesterday we witnessed a huge miracle.  One of the members works in 2 condominiums.  She is in charge of 2 buildings, each with 13 floors, and 8 apartments per floor.  She invited us to deliver parking passes to each family.  What an idea.  So we went, we delivered, slightly aprehensive to talk about church with wealthy families who normally don't accept us.  We presented ourselves and then I prepared for the "No."  And each time, I was surprised when I heard instead, "of course!" or "Yes, we are in a lot of need of prayer."  To our surprise, almost every single family asked us to come back.  Like I said, that's 8 families per floor. 8 x 23= .... I'm bad at math.  Anyways.  It's a lot of families.  We are blown away.  

You win some and you lose some.  But we have small victories every day. 
Today, my investigator William named his pit bull puppy after me.  But that's just one example.  ;)

Eu amo vocês!  

beijos,

Sister Burchizinha

No comments:

Post a Comment