Monday, January 19, 2015

The Super Semana

If you want to be a good, happy missionary, you have to be crazy.  Every day has the potential to be awesome, if you are willing to think outside the box and be totally nuts.  One of the best things I've learned on my mission is how great it is to have absolutely no shame and be unafraid to try new things.  

Knowing that this would be my last transfer, I set some goals and planned to do things that I've never done before.  Our goal was gutsy; to teach 100 lessons in one week.  It sounded sort of unrealistic to most, but we were determined.  We split up our area in 3 parts and every day we planned to go on exchanges with some of the women in our ward.  

Seeing how I am new to the area and have no sense of direction, my lovely companions sent me to the toughest neighborhood in the area; Jardim Nagoya.  (for example: Nagoya Garden is the home of the temple of the Jehovah's witnesses...)  

They sent me off with the bishop's wife with a map in hand and a couple of addresses.  I walked to Nagoya just like Nephi walked to Laban's house,

"And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.  Nevertheless I went forth..." (1 Nephi 4).  

I'm still not sure how it happened, but we managed to teach 8 lessons in 3 hours.  

Super Semana was insane and so tiring, but we managed to close off the week with....

 104 lessons taught!

God is good to us.  He gave us the strength, I am sure of it. 

Love you all!!!

beijos,

Sister Burch 







No comments:

Post a Comment