Monday, February 10, 2014

Following Him.

Bright and early Sunday morning, our investigator Regia made the decision to follow Jesus Christ and get baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God. 
When I first got to Brazil, I was really really nervous and really afraid to teach in Portuguese. In our lessons, I would feel entirely anxious and worried about what our investigators would think about some gringo trying to speak their language. 
When I met Regia and her family, for some reason, I did not feel that way at all.  I felt entirely accepted and loved and welcomed by them.  They were complete strangers, but felt like old friends. 
I love them.  I love my Savior, Jesus Christ.  And part of the reason I love them so much is that they love Jesus Christ too. 
And He loves us.  So much so that He taught us exactly what we need to do to have happiness in this life and in the life to come. 

"He that is baptized in my name, to him will the Father give the Holy Ghost, like unto me; wherefore, follow me, and do the things which ye have seen me do."
com amor,
Sister Burch

No comments:

Post a Comment