Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A Mighty Change of Plans

Tudo bem familia. 
 
Yesterday morning I got a call from President.  He told me he was transferring me and that I should pack my things and be ready to go in TWO HOURS.  There was an emergency and I was needed in another area.
 
What. 
 
I didn't quite know what to do or say.  I didn't get to say goodbye to anyone and I'm still kind of shell shocked that I'm not in Meadows anymore.  I just sent a few quick goodbye texts and Raphael texted me back and said, "Call me now so I can hear your voice one more time."
 
I lost it.
 
During this short time I've been here, my heart has grown so much.  I have so much love for the people here and saying goodbye on a whim was really hard for me. 
 
I'm now in an area called Elkhorn Springs.  ...I think :) 
 
My companheira is so sweet and we live in a little casita owned by a woman in the ward here.  When I met her, she said,
 
"Burch... do you know anyone in Minnesota?"
 
....yes....
 
"Do you know a Penny Burch?"
 
...that's my grandma...
 
She just about started crying.  Turns out, she goes way back with my family and knows them well!  My mind was blown.  She was telling me the names of my little brothers and talking about how my dad gave some suits to their son and they were hanging in the closet upstairs!  WEIRD.
 
I don't know why I was moved here so suddenly.  But stuff like that is not a coincidence.
 
"But behold, all things have been done in the wisdom of him who knoweth all things."  2 Nephi:24
 
I don't know everything, but God does.  I trust Him. 
 
Other than this current craziness, my last week in Meadows was wonderful.  We went to the Las Vegas temple and witnessed many miracles! 
 
One night we heard our friend was in the hospital so we got her flowers and went to visit her.  We ran around looking for her with no luck.  We later found out we weren't at the right hospital.  But when we went to the emergency room I saw out of the corner of my eye another woman who we had been teaching.  She was not doing well and she was alone.  We were initially so frustrated we couldn't find her and we were at the wrong place.  But if we hadn't gone there first, we never would have been able to help our other friend. 
 
Here are some more pictures of times past:
Inline image 1
Hiking mount charleston.  I'm ALWAYS surrounded by red heads...
Inline image 2
Sister Field is my soul sista forever.
Inline image 3
This is what happens when I'm trapped inside for five days.  Haterz gonna hate.

(There's supposed to be a picture here of the Las Vegas Temple but it didn't load in the email... stay tuned.)

Inline image 1
My beautiful companheiras will be my friends forever.  I love them.
 
Thank you for all of your prayers!  I need them!  I love you all SO MUCH. 
 
ate mais,
 
Sister Burch

No comments:

Post a Comment