Thursday, December 19, 2013

I Love Las Vegas

So this is it!  My last full week in Las Vegas.  I feel like I have lived in this city foreverrr.  I will miss it. 
 
Things I have learned from the Lost Vegans:
 
Having rocks instead of a lawn is normal. 
 
 It's also normal to water your rock lawn.
 
Little dogs are the best guard dogs because they bark more. 
 
40 degrees is too cold to go outside.
 
Gluten allergies are trendy.
 
There are good people everywhere.  I had a lot of preconceived notions before coming here about what it would be like and how crazy sin city would be.  But the people here (with the exception of one naked old man who yelled at us once, bless his heart) are good, kind people.  They are people who do not judge others about their pasts, beliefs, or appearances.  They are people who will give you the clothes off their backs. 
 Inline image 1
This guy is one of the best.  He is one of the first people I met and taught here.  His name is Tony and he is a hero to me!  (although he thinks he is too cool to smile).  He and his family have come a long way and I know that God smiles upon them!
His whole family got baptized with him on Saturday and it was the most amazing sight to see!
 
I look forward to what God has in store for me in Brazil!  But this city and these people will be a part of my life forever.
 
Inline image 2
Sister Burch

No comments:

Post a Comment