1) This week we went to the temple again and taught two ex-drug traffickers with the temple President. He had felt like he needed to get to the temple earlier than usual, and when he arrived, he found us! It was unreal. They asked us if they still had a chance at salvation and the response was a resounding YES!
2) I got to go on exchanges with Sister Tait (my companion from the MTC!) We got lost, had misadventures, and our friend Marcilio gave us each an entire fish to eat. We ate all but the head.
3) I met a Costa Rican woman who just moved to Brazil and doesn't speak a word of Portuguese! The same week, I found another investigator from Mexico! It's time to bust out my Spanish again!
4) A drunk guy on the street tried to kiss me so I ducked and covered and ran away. He just yelled out "Só de te olhar, já valeu!" ...nice.
5) We have officially started our English class in Campo Limpo! Tell your friends!
6) Our ward mission leader, Wellington, is excellent. Except for when he he starts to laugh in the middle of our lesson about the law of Chastity... nice.
7) A woman came up to us on the street and asked us what church we were from. We told her we were from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Her response? "What do I need to do to get baptized in this church?" Sister Barboza and I just looked at eachother... is this real life?
8) We have been searching for new people to teach and praying and fasting for miracles!we went to contact a referral which was a young lady named Cecilia. As we were talking, her mom came home and gave us the strangest look. We shared a message with them about the restored gospel and at the end she told us that she had prayed that morning for God to transform the life of her family. And when she got home from work, there we were! She said it was an answer to her prayer. God is so good!!!
9) I am so very happy and grateful for the life and oppurtunities God gives me each day. We have an unlimited capacity to do great things!! Don't ever doubt that God knows you and loves you! Amo vocês.