Monday, April 14, 2014

Só Alegria

Holaaaa gente!  How great was General Conference??  I for one LOVED it.  (check it out at lds.org, you won't regret it!)  I even got to watch one session of it in ENGLISH which was an awesome break for my brain and spirit.  We sure are blessed to have a living prophet. 
This whole week has been abnormal and awesome.  Today we got to go to the São Paulo temple!!!  Temple days are the best days!!!


Missionary work sure can be challenging, and São Paulo is a crazy place.  This has been a week of adventures!  I ate the tail of some strange animal, saw a dead person on the street, and really offended some dude when he tried to kiss me and I gave him a really awkward handshake. 
But General Conference and going to the casa do Senhor today really gave me the strength and motivation I needed to keep on going!

 Helaman 5:12 "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."
This favorite scripture of mine just about sums up this transfer.  We all live in a crazy unpredictable world, and the only constant, reliable thing is the gospel of Jesus Christ.  And His gospel offers us a sure foundation, a foundation that gives us the strength and the power to overcome our weaknesses and challenges.  God is good! 

beijos,
Sister Burch

No comments:

Post a Comment