Tuesday, September 24, 2013

ATTENTION! ALEX IS IN LAS VEGAS NOW! DO NOT SEND YOUR LETTERS TO UTAH! HER NEW ADDRESS IS BELOW!...

Oi familia! 
I AM IN LAS VEGAS! 
I got off the pane and beheld numerous gambling machines right there in the airport.  (...okay I don't remember what they're called)  (slots?)  And I was overwhelmed by the big screens and scantily clad women on billboards!
Goodbyeeee Provo MTC.
Ha!  We were welcomed by President Ahlander and his wife and were fed a home cooked meal.  Something I forgot about whilst in the MTC. 
I was assigned my companions sort of like they do in Hunger Games.  Total reaping.  The whole ward came and they gathered as President Ahlander read "and your new companion is....... Sister Burch!"  I had to walk through the doors and down this line between the crowd and met my companions Sister Dewey and Sister Field.  I'm in a trio!  They are really awesome and great missionaries! 
My area is called Meadows.  We went right to work and had a dinner appointment in which the lady was eye level to me while I was sitting down.  I have never met a smaller woman!  After dinner we stopped by some people's apartments in a really sketchy part of Vegas.  In the dark.  We walked around this huge complex hearing police sirens in the background everywhere, but  I didn't feel the least bit scared.  I am protected!  (not trying to freak you out mom haha I am careful!)  These people called us over to them and wanted to know what 3 white girls were doing walking around at night (their words, not mine! haha!)  We told them and one woman had just moved here from St. Paul!  I was so pumped and we bonded.  She asked us to take her and her kids to church on Sunday.  Amazing! 
It's so good to be here and officially be a missionary in the real world!  But it's sort of hard for me to teach and pray in English anymore.  Who knew that would be something I would have to get used to? 
I love you all and will write more soon!  My new pdays are Monday, so that is when I will normally get to email. 
And my new address is:
4455 Allen Lane #140
North Las Vegas, NV 89031
Use it! :)
com amor,
Sister Burch

No comments:

Post a Comment