Tuesday, October 15, 2013

I am a missionary!!!!! pt 2


This week was busy and wonderful!  And rather dramatic.  There was an emergency trip to the hospital (not for me, but for a woman we were teaching), a funeral, ...and I feel like I need to have a list of three, but those are the only two that I can think of.
 
So this woman we are teaching called us saying that she needed us to get her from the hospital.  We aren't allowed to give people rides and the hospital was out of our area... long story short, five hours later when we couldn't get anyone to go we got special permission to drive there and DRIVE AROUND LOOKING FOR HER because she didn't have a phone.  CRAZY DAY. 
 
Secondly, This woman we visit who is 91, called us and told us that her grandson died unexpectedly.  He didn't know many people so we conducted in the funeral.  She's amazing.
 
On a lighter note, I pulled and served over 100 pounds of pulled pork this week and will therefore never eat pulled pork again.  It's all about service!!!!
 
A highlight of my week, however, was that I got to get one man that we are teaching to hand me his cigarettes and wave them goodbye forever.  He put up a fight at first, but I came out victor!  It takes a lot of courage to change your life, but when it is for God it is so worth it! 
 
Anywho, I love you familia and pray for you daily!  I meet a lot of people out here who remind me of all of you and I can't help but think it's not a coincidence!  I hope you are well and keeping warm! 
 
abracos,
 
Sister Burch

(NOTE: there was an image included with this post by Alex; however, it was formatted incorrectly and did not show up, so it will hopefully be included next time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment