Thursday, October 31, 2013

Hope For A Better World

Oi familia!  This week was frightening but also full of miracles!
 
A couple days ago I visited a house of horror.  It was the home of a hoarder, who I love, but I sat down to talk and in the corner of the room I noticed it.  A web.  Nay, a kingdom of spider webs probably 3 feet by 5 feet full of probably a HUNDRED mondo spiders.  I got all anxious and couldn't focus and then I had to read a scripture and one of them CHARGED ME.  The most terrible experience of my life. 
 
I might be being a bit dramatic, for I made it out alive! 
 
And blessings sure do come after the trials of our faith, because after that dreadful experience, a lot of amazing things happened! 
 
I witnessed people overcoming extreme addictions and trials turn to God and join their families once more in the pews of a chapel. 
 
I've seen a man who decided to give up his cigarettes and follow God, have power and strength to stop smoking overnight and continue to follow Him.
 
I've seen people change through the power of the Atonement of Christ. 
 
Ether 12:4 says...
 
"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God."
 
Life can be hard and the world can be dark.  But through God and His plan, there is always HOPE.  Hope for a life that is brighter and happier.  Faith that anchors our souls to Him and makes us better people.  I know that this is where true happiness and the courage to change is found!
 
Also, do you remember Raphael?  The man we found on the side of the road with a flat tire?  We've been teaching him quite a bit, and I thank God every day that I know him!
 
Also, Dad...  He told me that he wanted to give me away at my wedding, so you two might have to duke it out for that privilege >:)
 
I am so blessed to be here in Las Vegas!  Love you all muito!
 
Amor,
 
Sister Burch

No comments:

Post a Comment