Thursday, October 31, 2013

One Month in Las Vegas pt. 2



This week I taught a woman named Maria who, I cross my heart, comes up to my elbow.  TINY woman.  She has a masters in Theology, so needless to say, I was intimidated to teach her!  But God helped me, that's for sure!  She's getting baptized in 3 weeks!
 
There's a scripture this week that I read that I want to share with you all. 
 
Words of Mormon 1:7...
 
"And I do this for a wise purpose; for thus it whispereth me, according to the workings of the Spirit of the Lord which is in me.  And now, I do not know all things; but the Lord knoweth all things which are to come; wherefore, he worketh in me to do according to his will."
 

This scripture has meant a lot to me since I've been on my mission.  Half the time, I haven't known where I was going or what I am going to do, or when I will get to Sao Paulo.  Sometimes we are asked to do things that don't make sense to us.  Sometimes, bad things happen and we don't know why.  But God knows all things.  He knows exactly what He wants for us, where He wants us to be, and who He will place in our path.  I know I am here for a WISE PURPOSE and that is already being made manifest to me in many ways.  His plans are better than ours!  We just have to trust him and surrender our will over to Him.  It's the only thing we will ever be able to give back to God.
 
I love you all very much!  This place is like home.  And it doesn't hurt that I get to have In N Out and that I live ten feet from a tennis court.  God is good! 
 
ate mais!
 
Sister Burch








No comments:

Post a Comment